Renewable orders are automatically renewed each calendar month, and shipped to arrive a few days before the beginning of the month. Renewable orders can easily be suspended for one or more months, or cancelled, when your transit needs change.
- Ordering: To create a Renewable Order, click on Renewable Orders and select your transit system.
- Select your product from the transit system order form.
- Choose desired product quantity.
- Select the starting month for your order.
- Select Start and Destination points, if applicable.
- Select Shipping Method.
- Select Payment Options.
- Click the "Create Renewable Order" button
- Repeat this process to create renewable orders for additional products
- Once your renewable orders are created, you can edit, suspend, or cancel them from the Renewable Orders section located under My Account.
- Accounts: All purchases on CommuterDirect.com® require an account. If you already have an account with us, please log in using the form at the top of the page. If you do not have an account with us, please setup an account so you can have access to all the great features available to CommuterDirect.com® customers.
- Fare Vouchers: You are able to pay for your purchase using fare vouchers. To pay for a renewable order with a payment voucher, you must have a credit card saved in your account. If the fare voucher does not cover your total order amount, your credit card will be charged for the remaining balance of your order. Fare vouchers are due within 10 business days of your order. Please fill out the Fare Voucher Mail-In Form, print it out, and send it in with your fare vouchers within 10 business days of your order date. If we don't receive the payment voucher(s) within 10 business days, your order will be charged to your default payment account.
- Shipping Information: Please note there is a shipping charge on every CommuterDirect.com® order each time an order is shipped. The shipping charge, however, will be waived on MARC or VRE orders shipped under the US First-Class Mail option. Renewable orders are processed and shipped before the pass period begins, you can expect delivery of your order a few days prior to the beginning of the pass period. For more information about our shipping policies, rates, and carriers please visit our Help & Information System.
- One-time Orders for November Tickets:If you are trying to place a onetime order for a November ticket, please note that the November tickets are not available until 2:00 PM on the 9th of October. Orders submitted before 2:00pm on the 9th of October will be for an October ticket. We encourage you to create a renewable order starting for November. Renewable orders will be automatically sent each month provided there is a valid payment method in your account wallet (SmartBenefits, employer sponsored debit card, credit card, etc.) with no further action required by you.
Look for CommuterDirect.com customer satisfaction survey
CommuterDirect will be conducting a confidential online survey of customers who have purchased from the website. The survey will be emailed to you from CommuterDirect during the week of November 6th. If you agree to complete the survey, it will take about ten minutes of your time, and you will be entered into a drawing for an opportunity to win a prize!
October 10, 2017, CommuterDirect.com
Metro will open early Oct. 22 for Marine Corps Marathon
Metro will open at 6 a.m. Sunday -- two hours earlier than usual -- to accommodate the 30,000 people expected to travel to Arlington for the race, which officially starts at 7:45 a.m. Read more...
Martine Powers, October 16, 2017, Washington Post