Recurring orders are automatically renewed each calendar month, and shipped to arrive a few days before the beginning of the month. Recurring orders can easily be suspended for one or more months, or cancelled, when your transit needs change.
- Ordering: To create a Recurring Order, click on Recurring Orders and select your transit system.
- Select your product from the transit system order form.
- Choose desired product quantity.
- Select the starting month for your order.
- Select Start and Destination points, if applicable.
- Select Shipping Method.
- Select Payment Options.
- Click the "Create Recurring Order" button
- Repeat this process to create recurring orders for additional products
- Once your recurring orders are created, you can edit, suspend, or cancel them from the Recurring Orders section located under Manage Account.
- Accounts: All purchases on CommuterDirect.com® require an account. If you already have an account with us, please log in using the form at the top of the page. If you do not have an account with us, please setup an account so you can have access to all the great features available to CommuterDirect.com® customers.
- SmartBenefits and Employer Debit/Credit Cards: You are able to pay for your purchase using SmartBenefits or Employer Debit/Credit Cards if your employer provides these transit benefits and you are registered for them. You must have a personal credit card saved in your account to secure a SmartBenefits promise.
- Shipping Information: Please note there is a shipping charge on every CommuterDirect.com® order each time an order is shipped. The shipping charge, however, will be waived on MARC, MTA Commuter Bus, or VRE orders shipped under the US First-Class Mail option. Recurring orders are processed and shipped before the pass period begins, you can expect delivery of your order a few days prior to the beginning of the pass period. For more information about our shipping policies, rates, and carriers please visit our Help & Information System.
- One-time Orders for November Tickets: If you are trying to place a onetime order for a November ticket, please note that pass availability is based on the shipping date, and orders that will be shipped before the 11th will be for the current month's (October's) passes. We encourage you to create a recurring order starting for November. Recurring orders will be automatically sent each month provided there is a valid payment method in your account wallet (SmartBenefits, employer-sponsored debit/credit card, credit card, etc.) with no further action required by you.
Shuttles in Va. suburb show the future of robot cars may be slow
At a building site in Reston, there is something small and quiet on the roads alongside big noisy dump trucks: automated shuttles that ferry office workers whose routines have been disrupted by the construction. Read more...
Ian Duncan, October 12, 2019, Washington Post
D.C. joins international pledge to reduce air pollution
The District is among 34 global cities at the C40 World Mayors Summit in Copenhagen, Denmark, today signing a declaration to put aggressive clean air policies into practice by 2025. Read more...
Andrew Giambrone, October 11, 2019, Curbed