Renewable orders are automatically renewed each calendar month, and shipped to arrive a few days before the beginning of the month. Renewable orders can easily be suspended for one or more months, or cancelled, when your transit needs change.
- Ordering: To create a Renewable Order, click on Renewable Orders and select your transit system.
- Select your product from the transit system order form.
- Choose desired product quantity.
- Select the starting month for your order.
- Select Start and Destination points, if applicable.
- Select Shipping Method.
- Select Payment Options.
- Click the "Create Renewable Order" button
- Repeat this process to create renewable orders for additional products
- Once your renewable orders are created, you can edit, suspend, or cancel them from the Renewable Orders section located under My Account.
- Accounts: All purchases on CommuterDirect.com® require an account. If you already have an account with us, please log in using the form at the top of the page. If you do not have an account with us, please setup an account so you can have access to all the great features available to CommuterDirect.com® customers.
- Fare Vouchers: You are able to pay for your purchase using fare vouchers. To pay for a renewable order with a payment voucher, you must have a credit card saved in your account. If the fare voucher does not cover your total order amount, your credit card will be charged for the remaining balance of your order. Fare vouchers are due within 10 business days of your order. Please fill out the Fare Voucher Mail-In Form, print it out, and send it in with your fare vouchers within 10 business days of your order date. If we don't receive the payment voucher(s) within 10 business days, your order will be charged to your default payment account.
- Shipping Information: Please note there is a shipping charge on every CommuterDirect.com® order each time an order is shipped. The shipping charge, however, will be waived on MARC or VRE orders shipped under the US First-Class Mail option. Renewable orders are processed and shipped before the pass period begins, you can expect delivery of your order a few days prior to the beginning of the pass period. For more information about our shipping policies, rates, and carriers please visit our Help & Information System.
- One-time Orders for April Tickets:If you are trying to place a onetime order for an April ticket, please note that the April tickets are not available until 2:00 PM on the 9th of March. Orders submitted before 2:00pm on the 9th of March will be for a March ticket. We encourage you to create a renewable order starting for April. Renewable orders will be automatically sent each month provided there is a valid payment method in your account wallet (SmartBenefits, employer sponsored debit card, credit card, etc.) with no further action required by you.
Laurel wins fight to keep historic MARC station
Maryland and CSX Transportation have agreed to allow the construction of a new MARC stop in Howard County, while keeping current levels of service at the historic Laurel station, just a few blocks south. Read more...
Luz Lazo, March 24, 2017, Washington Post
VRE cancels Gainesville, Haymarket expansion
Virginia Railway Express is now shelving any further study of an expansion to Gainesville or Haymarket for the foreseeable future, opting instead to move ahead with plans to overhaul its Broad Run station. Read more...
Alex Koma, March 17, 2017, Inside NoVa
SafeTrack Surge 13 extended
Metro is extending SafeTrack Surge #13 by three days to make up time lost during Tuesday's winter storm and the wind and cold temperatures that followed. Read more...
March 17, 2017, WMATA