Renewable orders are automatically renewed each calendar month, and shipped to arrive a few days before the beginning of the month. Renewable orders can easily be suspended for one or more months, or cancelled, when your transit needs change.
- Ordering: To create a Renewable Order, click on Renewable Orders and select your transit system.
- Select your product from the transit system order form.
- Choose desired product quantity.
- Select the starting month for your order.
- Select Start and Destination points, if applicable.
- Select Shipping Method.
- Select Payment Options.
- Click the "Create Renewable Order" button
- Repeat this process to create renewable orders for additional products
- Once your renewable orders are created, you can edit, suspend, or cancel them from the Renewable Orders section located under My Account.
- Accounts: All purchases on CommuterDirect.com® require an account. If you already have an account with us, please log in using the form at the top of the page. If you do not have an account with us, please setup an account so you can have access to all the great features available to CommuterDirect.com® customers.
- Fare Vouchers: You are able to pay for your purchase using fare vouchers. To pay for a renewable order with a payment voucher, you must have a credit card saved in your account. If the fare voucher does not cover your total order amount, your credit card will be charged for the remaining balance of your order. Fare vouchers are due within 10 business days of your order. Please fill out the Fare Voucher Mail-In Form, print it out, and send it in with your fare vouchers within 10 business days of your order date. If we don't receive the payment voucher(s) within 10 business days, your order will be charged to your default payment account.
- Shipping Information: Please note there is a shipping charge on every CommuterDirect.com® order each time an order is shipped. The shipping charge, however, will be waived on MARC or VRE orders shipped under the US First-Class Mail option. Renewable orders are processed and shipped before the pass period begins, you can expect delivery of your order a few days prior to the beginning of the pass period. For more information about our shipping policies, rates, and carriers please visit our Help & Information System.
- One-time Orders for January Tickets:If you are trying to place a onetime order for a January ticket, please note that the January tickets are not available until 2:00 PM on the 9th of December. Orders submitted before 2:00pm on the 9th of December will be for a December ticket. We encourage you to create a renewable order starting for January. Renewable orders will be automatically sent each month provided there is a valid payment method in your account wallet (SmartBenefits, employer sponsored debit card, credit card, etc.) with no further action required by you.
CommuterDirect.com offices closed Dec. 25-26
Orders placed after 2 p.m. Friday, December 22 will be mailed Wednesday, December 27.
December 13, 2017, CommuterDirect.com
Safety issue means reduced Red Line service
Fewer trains will run on the line through Friday, followed by a partial shutdown to repair the cable over the weekend. Read more...
Faiz Siddiqui, December 12, 2017, Washington Post
Transportation benefit cap increase in 2018
In 2018, the federal cap on tax-deductible transit benefits will increase $5 per month, from $255 to $260. This includes parking, mass transit, and commuter highway vehicles. The monthly limit for bicycles remains at $20 per month. Ask your employer if your benefit will increase. Read more...
December 5, 2017, CommuterDirect.com