Renewable orders are automatically renewed each calendar month, and shipped to arrive a few days before the beginning of the month. Renewable orders can easily be suspended for one or more months, or cancelled, when your transit needs change.
- Ordering: To create a Renewable Order, click on Renewable Orders and select your transit system.
- Select your product from the transit system order form.
- Choose desired product quantity.
- Select the starting month for your order.
- Select Start and Destination points, if applicable.
- Select Shipping Method.
- Select Payment Options.
- Click the "Create Renewable Order" button
- Repeat this process to create renewable orders for additional products
- Once your renewable orders are created, you can edit, suspend, or cancel them from the Renewable Orders section located under My Account.
- Accounts: All purchases on CommuterDirect.com® require an account. If you already have an account with us, please log in using the form at the top of the page. If you do not have an account with us, please setup an account so you can have access to all the great features available to CommuterDirect.com® customers.
- Fare Vouchers: You are able to pay for your purchase using fare vouchers. To pay for a renewable order with a payment voucher, you must have a credit card saved in your account. If the fare voucher does not cover your total order amount, your credit card will be charged for the remaining balance of your order. Fare vouchers are due within 10 business days of your order. Please fill out the Fare Voucher Mail-In Form, print it out, and send it in with your fare vouchers within 10 business days of your order date. If we don't receive the payment voucher(s) within 10 business days, your order will be charged to your default payment account.
- Shipping Information: Please note there is a shipping charge on every CommuterDirect.com® order each time an order is shipped. The shipping charge, however, will be waived on MARC or VRE orders shipped under the US First-Class Mail option. Renewable orders are processed and shipped before the pass period begins, you can expect delivery of your order a few days prior to the beginning of the pass period. For more information about our shipping policies, rates, and carriers please visit our Help & Information System.
- One-time Orders for March Tickets:If you are trying to place a onetime order for a March ticket, please note that the March tickets are not available until 2:00 PM on the 9th of February. Orders submitted before 2:00pm on the 9th of February will be for a February ticket. We encourage you to create a renewable order starting for March. Renewable orders will be automatically sent each month provided there is a valid payment method in your account wallet (SmartBenefits, employer sponsored debit card, credit card, etc.) with no further action required by you.
New VRE schedule begins March 6
The Virginia Railway Express will be adjusting train schedules effective Monday, March 6. Read more...
February 25, 2017, Inside NoVa
D.C. Streetcar will stay free
D.C. streetcar fares will remain free for at least four years as District transportation officials prepare to extend the initial 2.2-mile line along H Street/Benning Road NE east across the Anacostia River to the Benning Road Metrorail station in Ward 7. Read more...
Martin Di Caro, February 20, 2017, WAMU
VRE to open public hearings on fare hike
Riders could be paying more to ride the Virginia Railway Express. Read more...
Kathy Stewart, February 19, 2017, WTOP