The Metro system is the regional bus and rail public transit system in the Washington, D.C. area, operating in D.C., Virginia and Maryland.
Visit their website: http://www.wmata.com
- You can choose to have your order automatically renewed each month. Recurring orders are shipped to arrive a few days prior to the beginning of the month. You will not be charged until your order is processed by CommuterDirect.com®. You can easily suspend your recurring order for one or more months by logging in to your account, clicking the " Recurring Orders" tab, and editing your recurring order.
- To create a Recurring Order, click "Recurring Orders" in the menu. Select your transit system to go to the order form for that system. Choose your product and quantity. Use the pop-up menu to select the month for which you would like to begin receiving your order. Click the "create recurring order" button. If you would like to place recurring orders for additional products, repeat the process for each product.
- If you would like to pay for a portion of your recurring order by SmartBenefits or fare vouchers, a credit card must be on file in your CommuterDirect account. Please select the type of alternative payment and enter the amount you will be sending. Your credit card will be charged for any remaining balance.
- Note that if you do not select free first class mail shipping a shipping charge is added each time an order is shipped.
- If you would like to place a one-time order, in addition to your recurring order, please return to the fare menu after creating your recurring order and click "One-Time Orders."
- Click here to download a Fare Voucher Mail-In Form.
Metro considers larger fare hike, major bus changes
Metro will consider a larger rush-hour fare hike next summer, as well as the elimination of some popular bus routes. Read more...
Max Smith, December 9, 2019, WTOP
Fairfax Connector bus workers end strike
After a days-long strike disrupted service for thousands of Fairfax Connector bus riders, the workers’ union announced bus routes returned to normal Monday following an agreement with private contractor Transdev. Read more...
Mary Tyler March, December 9, 2019, WAMU
Circulator's Winter Wonder Bus is back
The regular red D.C. Circulator bus has transformed once again into a festive ride called the Winter Wonder Bus. Read more...
Selam Berhea, December 3, 2019, dcist