STAR serves Arlington residents who have difficulty using public fixed route transit due to the effects of age or disability. STAR is a shared ride paratransit service intended to provide a comparable level of transportation as provided by ART, Metrobus and Metrorail.
Visit their website: http://www.ArlingtonTransit.com/STAR
- You can choose to have your order automatically renewed each month. Recurring orders are shipped to arrive a few days prior to the beginning of the month. You will not be charged until your order is processed by CommuterDirect.com®. You can easily suspend your recurring order for one or more months by logging in to your account, clicking the " Recurring Orders" tab, and editing your recurring order.
- To create a Recurring Order, click "Recurring Orders" in the menu. Select your transit system to go to the order form for that system. Choose your product and quantity. Use the pop-up menu to select the month for which you would like to begin receiving your order. Click the "create recurring order" button. If you would like to place recurring orders for additional products, repeat the process for each product.
- If you would like to pay for a portion of your recurring order by SmartBenefits or fare vouchers, a credit card must be on file in your CommuterDirect account. Please select the type of alternative payment and enter the amount you will be sending. Your credit card will be charged for any remaining balance.
- Note that a shipping charge is added each time an order is shipped.
- If you would like to place a one-time order, in addition to your recurring order, please return to the fare menu after creating your recurring order and click "One-Time Orders."
- Click here to download a Fare Voucher Mail-In Form.
Va. outlines alternatives during monthslong closure of Blue, Yellow lines
Virginia will spend $3.6 million to let buses run past traffic on part of the Capital Beltway, discount Amtrak trips for VRE riders and to support expanded bus and water taxi service during this summer’s monthslong Metro shutdown of six Blue Line and Yellow Line stations. Read more...
Max Smith, March 22, 2019, WTOP
Mayor Bowser extends free Circulator rides indefinitely
Rides will be free indefinitely on the DC Circulator, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced Monday during her State of the District speech at the University of the District of Columbia. Read more...
March 18, 2019, Fox5