Virginia Railway Express - VRE Order Form
VRE connects northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. with commuter rail service on two lines, one from Fredericksburg and one from Manassas. VRE has stations in Washington, D.C. at L’Enfant Plaza and Union Station. Crystal City VRE station is in Arlington, VA.
Visit their website: http://www.vre.org
Single-Ride and Ten-Trip Tickets expire six months after first validation or one year after purchase, and are nonrefundable. Seven-Day Tickets expire five days after first validation or one year from purchase, and are nonrefundable. Step-Up Tickets expire one year from purchase and are nonrefundable. Monthly Tickets are valid for one calendar month and are refundable under the following conditions:
- Return postmarked prior to effective month: 100% refund
- Return postmarked 1st through 10th of effective month: Two Single-Ride full fares for the applicable zone pairing will be deducted from refund for each service day prior to the post mark on the returned ticket.
- Return postmarked after the 10th of the effective month: 0% refund
- The $116 Metrorail portion of a Transit Link card is nonrefundable after the first of the month.
- The $116 portion of the Transit Link card is nonrefundable once it has been used in the Metro system.
- If your VRE TLC ticket becomes damaged, ONLY WMATA can provide you with a substitute pass. These passes are ONLY available at the Metro sales office.
- You can choose to have your order automatically renewed each month. Recurring orders are shipped to arrive a few days prior to the beginning of the month. You will not be charged until your order is processed by CommuterDirect.com®. You can easily suspend your recurring order for one or more months by logging in to your account, clicking the " Recurring Orders" tab, and editing your recurring order.
- To create a Recurring Order, click "Recurring Orders" in the menu. Select your transit system to go to the order form for that system. Choose your product and quantity. Use the pop-up menu to select the month for which you would like to begin receiving your order. Click the "create recurring order" button. If you would like to place recurring orders for additional products, repeat the process for each product.
- If you would like to pay for a portion of your recurring order by SmartBenefits or fare vouchers, a credit card must be on file in your CommuterDirect.com account. Please select the type of alternative payment and enter the amount you will be sending. Your credit card will be charged for any remaining balance.
- Note that if you do not select free first class mail shipping a shipping charge is added each time an order is shipped.
- If you would like to place a one-time order, in addition to your recurring order, please return to the fare menu after creating your recurring order and click "One-Time Orders."
- Click here to download a Fare Voucher Mail-In Form.
Why is my SmartBenefits promise amount limited?
- Your SmartBenefits promise for this order may not exceed the total product cost plus shipping cost.
- The total SmartBenefits promises in all of your active recurring orders may not exceed the amount you have allocated to CommuterDirect.com in the WMATA SmartBenefits system. If you have recently updated your SmartBenefits allocation in the WMATA SmartBenefits system, the change may take up to one hour to be reflected in the CommuterDirect.com system.