Help & Information
Top of Page
- Click the "Checkout" button. If you have not created an account and logged in, you will be asked to do so at this time.
- Choose a shipping method, then click the "Ship to this Address" button for the address you want to use. You can choose a shipping address you already have on file, or enter a new address.
- If you have credits available in your account you will be asked if you want to apply some or all of them to your order. After making your selection, click the "Continue" button.
- Select a payment method from the list of available options, or add a new card to pay for this order. You can select alternative payment methods such as SmartBenefits or an employer-sponsored debit card if you have added them to your account and you also have a personal credit card on file. Note that if you are paying with a SmartBenefits promise, you will only be able to promise as much as you have allocated to CommuterDirect.com in the WMATA SmartBenefits system.
- You can pay the full balance of your order with the selected payment method or, if you qualify, you can split the balance with another payment method. If you choose to split the balance you will be asked to specify how much to charge to the selected payment method. Enter the amount and click the "Continue" button.
- If you have chosen to split your balance with a second payment method, choose the method and then click the "Continue" button.
- Confirm the Payment Summary to continue, or click "No" to adjust your payment options before continuing.
Confirm and Submit
- Review your order carefully before submitting. When you are sure that all of your order information is correct, click "Submit Your Order."
Note: We encourage you to use a traceable shipping method if your order is placed after the 20th of the month. Commuter Direct is not responsible for tickets not received by the 1st of the month.